Join us for the 2023 season of our CSA!
What is a CSA?
- CSAs (Community Supported Agriculture) are designed for both the members and farmers to benefit from the bounty of different parts of the season. However, that also means we share in the unpredictable aspects of farming: weather, pests, plant diseases, etc. Some weeks will have a beautiful variety of perfect produce, while other weeks may have some shortcomings from all the variables that go into farming. We hope this is an opportunity for you to learn more about the process of growing food and what eating seasonally in Michigan really means.
What to expect for this season's CSA:
- Join Fisheye Farms’ Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) by purchasing a share! For 20 weeks from June to October you will receive a bag of produce grown in Detroit using only safe and sustainable practices.
- This year we are doing one size of share containing about 6-9 vegetables per week. We anticipate this could feed 1-3 people depending on your vegetable consumption! We grow a lot of salad greens, so be prepared for a lot more greens in your diet.
- Each week we will send out an email containing information about what is in the share, a recipe, and updates about the farm. This will help you plan accordingly and get important information about vegetable storage, cooking tips, and logistics about picking up your share.
New Add On Options This Season!
We are teaming up with Coriander Kitchen and Farm this season to offer Flower and Herb CSA options!
- Herb CSA: For $4 a week you will receive an assortment of herbs to compliment your vegetable CSA. Purchase from our online store here!
- Flower CSA: For $15 you will receive the best of the season to brighten your home with your vegetable CSA. Purchase from our online store here!
Flower and Herb CSAs will be available for the same distribution options as the vegetable CSA listed below.
**Distribution choice must be decided when purchasing your CSA**
Shares can be picked up at our farm at 2334 Buchanan Street during the following times:
- Thursday evenings from 4-7
- Friday evenings from 4-7
**NEW THIS SEASON** Pick up at Coriander Kitchen and Farm at 14601 Riverside Blvd:
- Thursday evenings ONLY from 4-7
- Delivery is also available as an option when CSA members purchase their shares. It is a flat rate of $12 per week, or a total of $240 for all 20 weeks. We will only be able to accommodate deliveries 20 miles or less from the farm (2334 Buchanan Street). Shares are delivered on Thursday evenings.
- Single week deliveries will also be available for purchase on the website
- Delivery for Flower or Herb CSA is only available if you are already getting a vegetable share delivered.
- The distribution dates will be:
- Starting June 1st and 2nd
- Ending October 26th and 27th
- No Distribution on June 29th and 30th (4th of July weekend)
- No Distribution on August 31st and September 1st (Labor Day weekend)
- Friday pick ups will be during our farm stand, so extra produce will be available as well as local flowers and other goodies depending on availability of other producers!
As always, if you have any questions about the CSA, please reach out to us at email@example.com