Fisheye Farms 2021 CSA is coming soon!
We are happy to announce that we will be continuing our CSA this spring, summer, and fall for a 20 week local produce experience!
What is a CSA?
- CSAs (Community Supported Agriculture) are designed for both the members and farmers to benefit from the bounty of different parts of the season. However, that also means we share in the unpredictable aspects of farming: weather, pests, plant diseases, etc. Some weeks will have a beautiful variety of perfect produce, while other weeks may have some shortcomings from all the variables that go into farming. We hope this is an opportunity for you to learn more about the process of growing food and what eating seasonally in Michigan really means.
What to expect for this season's CSA:
- Join Fisheye Farms’ Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) by purchasing a share this spring! For 20 weeks from June to October you will receive a bag of produce grown in Detroit using only safe and sustainable practices.
- This year we are doing one size of share containing about 6-8 vegetables per week. We anticipate this could feed 1-3 people depending on your vegetable consumption!
- Each week we will send out an email containing information about what is in the share, a recipe, and updates about the farm. This will help you plan accordingly and get important information about vegetable storage, cooking tips, and logistics about picking up your share.
- CSA members choose their pick up day while purchasing their share. Shares can be picked up at our farm at 2334 Buchanan Street at the following times:
- Friday evenings from 4 to 7pm
- Saturday mornings from 10am to 1 pm
- Delivery is also available as an option when CSA members purchase their shares. It is a flat rate of $8 per week, or a total of $160 for all 20 weeks. We will only be able to accommodate deliveries 15 miles or less from the farm (2334 Buchanan Street). Shares are delivered on Saturday mornings.
- Single week deliveries will also be available for purchase on the website
Additional Local Food Options
This season we are also adding a few special features to help our members better access local food! These options include:
- The Friday evening pick up is during our farm stand hours! This allows members to buy additional produce from us and another farm in the neighborhood.
- Bread CSA! We are partnering with Ochre Bakery to bring fresh bread and a sweet treat to our members every week. Purchase is separate from the normal CSA but will be picked up with the vegetable share.
- Egg CSA! We are working with Stone Hedge Farm, a regenerative chicken farm that utilizes rotational grazing via mobile chicken coops and fencing. Again, purchase is separate from the normal CSA but picked up with the vegetable share.
- While not set in stone, we are hoping to be able to gather CSA members at the farm this season by offering farm tours in small groups. We want you to be able to feel like a part of the farm while still respecting the safety of all!
We will probably take off holiday weekends this summer, but stay tuned while we work out the exact start/end dates and weeks off!
As always, if you have any questions about the CSA, please reach out to us at email@example.com